ask me to go sky-diving, no problem (i love free-falling)...
ask me to give a speech to a 1000 people (ok, ill give it my best shot)...
but ask me to sing in front of a class of 10 people, and i literally come undone...
today and wednesday are the final days of my voice class (for non-majors)...i took the class in hopes that i could prove to myself that I am not completely tone-deaf, and that i can sing...it's been almost an epic failure as i have spent the entirety of the semester cringing every time it's my term to sing, and i usually don't make it through the whole song as i shake in front of everyone...
BUT...
at the last minute, i changed my song to a much more upbeat one by Ingrid Michaelson. It's cute, catchy, and endearing. and my goal today is to make it through the whole song without falling apart, to be daring, and perhaps a little cocky (?) (i think you have to be to get up and sing in front of people well...or at least have attitude!)
so here it goes...
4 comments:
I love this. Best wishes. I hope you sing it like you love it!
thanks emily!!! I miss you!
So I just discovered your blog today via Syracuse website trying to learn more about your "Growing Up Girl" photo-project.
This post however has nothing to do with that. I too am deathly afraid of singing in front of people and I'm not even half bad. I know all about the shakes.
In conclusion, you've given me a bit of inspiration today...and I needed it. I hope it goes well for you.
~Mel
**just keep swimming**
Mel
I love the quote "just keep swimming" from Finding Nemo! its instant inspiration!
Thank you for checking out the blog! My photo project on growing up girl is still in progress, but keep checking back for final!
Do you have a blog? I'd love to check it out!
-Juliette
Post a Comment